British Gymnastics has the following permanent full time post based from Lilleshall National Sports Centre
37 hours per week
Based from Lilleshall National Sports Centre
Salary range £40,650 to £54,200 per annum (dependent upon experience)
+ contributory pension + 34 days’ annual leave (includes Bank Holidays and Company Days) + Company Car
Due to expansion within our Commercial team we are looking for a Head of Ecommerce & Event Retail to drive the development and delivery of the on-line and retail sales strategy. Bringing ecommerce expertise, the post holder will support the Company to grow and develop knowledge and capability, channels and platforms, products, customer acquisition, marketing plans and ultimately deliver a significant year-on-year increase in sales revenues.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Responsibility for developing, driving and implementing the e-commerce and retail strategy to maximise sales and increase profits; providing expertise on current ecommerce industry best practices and identifying new areas of ecommerce opportunity beyond current practice and thinking
- Driving the product/merchandising strategy by audience for ecommerce and retail: briefing product requirements to the Product Manager, setting pricing strategy to optimise sales and profit; monitoring trends and identifying range, seasonal exceptions, gaps within portfolio etc.
- Overseeing the effective planning and execution of day-to-day content management across the websites to ensure responsiveness, efficiency, accuracy and timeliness of all web content publishing; ensuring the on-line shop is updated and optimised on a daily/weekly basis
- Line management responsibility for the ‘GEL’ team; motivating and inspiring the team to deliver an exceptional end-to-end shopping experience
- Responsibility for the retail experience, conducting regular and in-depth analysis of customer and sales trends and patterns and acting on this analysis to inform short, medium and long-term strategy; building knowledge and developing plans to maximise customer experience, brand experience, customer acquisition, conversions and average order value (AOV)
Applicants will need to demonstrate skills and experience of:
- Current and forward thinking in relation to ecommerce technology, analytics, on-line customer acquisition, customer experience management and retention channel and partner development, purchasing, merchandising, pricing, promotions and marketing campaigns, operations management etc.
- Keeping pace with the ecommerce landscape, trends and innovations
- Analysing and activating insights; driving on-line sales, engagement, user journey and brand awareness
- Business planning, digital marketing and key metrics
- Product management and new product launches
- Operations and team management and development
- Financial management.
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with a wide range of colleagues, partners and stakeholder
British Gymnastics is an equal opportunities employer and aims to provide a discrimination-free working environment. We are committed to an action plan and policy in line with the Equality Act 2010, which ensures that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of a protected characteristic.
To apply for this post please visit the Careers at BG page on our Website at www.british-gymnastics.org
Closing date for applications: Midnight on Sunday, 2nd December 2018
Interview date: Wednesday, 12th December 2018