Role: Part Time –2 midweek training sessions, match on a Saturday / Sunday
Salary: Salary to be agreed, depending on experience and qualifications.
Location(s): Based at Lochinch Police Sports Facility, Pollok Park, Glasgow
Days / times: Midweek evenings, weekend daytime variable
The post requires: Advanced Children’s Licence.
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join the progressive Thistle Weir Youth Academy and to work within our expanding Children’s Academy. We are seeking to recruit an exceptional individual who is dynamic, self-motivated and a good communicator to play a pivotal role in our mission to develop youth players for Partick Thistle Football Club.
The applicant will:
1. Have an unrivalled passion for developing footballers.
2. Proactively promote the consistent application of the Thistle Weir Youth Academy mission, values and beliefs.
3. Have the ability to be able to affect change in individual players and the team.
- Minimum requirements of Advanced Children’s Licence. Experience of working with Elite players, along with good leadership and organisational skills.
- A confident and vibrant personality.
- Availability to take part in evening and weekend work.
- PVG Scheme disclosure
- Sports First Aid or equivalent qualification.
- A current driving licence and access to a car.
Start date for post would be negotiable, ideally by 1st November 2017
For an application form and further information, please contact
Academy Director Gerry Britton at
Thistle Weir Youth Academy is an Equal Opportunities Employer and all offers are subject to references and PVG Scheme disclosure.
Reporting to – Head of Youth Development
Role – To lead the Academy’s delivery within the Children’s section of administrative, operational, logistical and other support services and to lead and direct the work of the Head of Coaching /Academy Administrator.
- To lead the Head of Coaching in developing the Academy Technical and Tactical Plan.
- To oversee the effective arrangement of all fixtures/tours for Academy teams and to ensure that our liaison with opposition clubs (in relation to logistical details including, but not limited to, venue arrangements, travel requirements, accommodation, kit, administration and equipment) is efficient and professionally handled.
- To lead the implementation of the Academy Technical and Tactical plan.
- To oversee all processes in relation to administrative, registration and regulatory requirements with the SFA and to liaise closely with the Club’s General Manager to ensure that all governance issues are satisfied.
- To oversee the management of all logistical/operational issues affecting the Academy.
- This includes, but is not limited to, catering arrangements, kit provision and organisation, laundry, facility preparedness and access, provision of equipment, parking and pitch bookings.
- To liaise closely with the Head of Recruitment/ Managing Director in respect to all matters relating to the recruitment, registration and release of Academy players ensuring that Club and SFA guidelines and protocols are adhered to.
- To liaise closely with the Academy Head of Education and Welfare in respect of all administrative and logistical arrangements required to deliver a comprehensive Education and Welfare programme.
- To lead and manage the administrative requirements of the Player Performance Pathway, and to liaise with all Academy Senior Staff
- To assist in ensuring that performance data for each Academy player is up to date and accurate.
- To manage the distribution to Academy players, and their parents/guardians, all information relating to the arrangement and staging of training sessions and Games and to provide them, with additional information in the form of newsletters and other relevant correspondence.
- To implement effective financial processes relating to budgetary control, purchase orders and invoices and other Academy financial transactions.
- To lead the Academy Management team and to proactively contribute to all Academy discussions.
- To possess/develop a working knowledge of the Clubs Child Protection Policy