Kelso RFC is seeking a Head Coach for the 2019/20 season.
The club plays in National League Division 1 and for the past two seasons has achieved an 8th place finish in the league, along with final and semi-final appearances in the National League Cup. We are an ambitious club and wish to improve on these performances in the coming season.
The successful applicant will be responsible for planning and implementing coaching for the senior men's teams, working with the Director of Rugby to develop and refine our existing playing structure. The Head Coach will also be expected to contribute to the development of our assistant coaches.
- Lead training sessions on Tuesday and Thursday evenings
- Lead match day preparation and replacement strategy
- Work with the Director of Rugby and other senior coaches to plan training blocks and sessions
- Video analysis, including uploading match footage and video tagging
- Contribute to 1st and 2nd XV squad selection
- Help with player retention and recruitment
- Player development, including the creation of individual performance plans
- Assist with development of other senior coaches
- Attend Scottish Rugby workshops as required by the Director of Rugby
- Hold a UKCC Level 3 qualification, or be willing to acquire it as soon as possible
- Previous coaching experience in senior rugby
- Ability to communicate information clearly and succinctly to players and other coaches
- Skilled in guiding players to find their own solutions
- Willing to develop assistant coaches and provide feedback after training sessions
- Available for pre-season training commencing in mid-July 2019
This position is suitable for an experienced Head Coach, or an Assistant Coach who can demonstrate they are ready to progress to a lead role. We will also consider someone who has recently played professional rugby and is looking for an opportunity to transition into a coaching role.
Benefits will be commensurate with experience, and all reasonable expenses will be covered by the club. The club will also contribute towards ongoing coach development.
To apply for this position please email your CV, along with a covering letter detailing your suitability for the role, to Bruce Millar, Director of Rugby, Kelso RFC on email@example.com. The deadline for applications is 10pm on Wednesday 26th June.
If you have any questions prior to submission of an application, please contact Bruce on 07919 381382.