Location: Haddington, East Lothian
Hours: Variable and Approximately 12 plus galas & cover as required
Salary: Dependent on experience, approximately £7,200 p/a + £12.50 p/h for coaching and fixed fee for competition attendance
Haddington & District ASC are a competitive swimming club dedicated to helping swimmers be the best they can be. We work hard to create a safe, positive environment that nurtures the enjoyment and enthusiasm of every athlete. We are affiliated with East District & a member of the composite team East Lothian Swim Team, and wish to create a highly capable and talented team of coaches.
We are looking for a passionate, energetic Head Coach to lead the club of c.100 swimmers ages 7-18.
Who you are:
- UKCC/SQA Level 2 Coaching Swimming
- Child Protection & Wellbeing in Sport Certificate
- PVG Scheme Membership
- National Rescue Award or National Pool Lifeguard Award
- Strong Record as a Technical Swimming Coach
- Proven Leadership Ability
In return, you will have the support of a good committee, the potential to work with other coaches, a link into the Coach Education programme with ELST and work with other athletes at different levels. We will also provide training for Hy-Tek Team Manager and ensure you are part of the PVG scheme.
The Head Coach at Haddington & District ASC will:
- Develop the technical skills of our swimmers in all 4 strokes, competition starts and turns, ensuring compliance with all current FINA regulations.
- Develop swimmers' aerobic fitness and stamina following best practices outlined in the Optimal Athlete Development Framework recommendations.
- Provide leadership and strategy for the development of the club.
- Communicate effectively with parents and work positively with other members of the Haddington team, other Club Coaches, Committee and ELST to help build a positive and cohesive environment.
- Lead and support the development of the coaching team.
- Promote effective links between the Learn to Swim programme and the club.
We also expect you to:
- Learn and keep up-to-date knowledge of the principles of Optimal Athlete Development Framework, as applied to Age Group Swimmers.
- Help the swimmers develop a positive and healthy mental attitude to the sport and competitive situations and encourage good habits in nutrition, sleep, and well-being.
- Exhibit a courteous, respectful manner to swimmers and parents alike, with impeccable punctuality.
- Provide cover when other coaches are away.
This is a self-employed position, and Haddington & District ASC will offer a competitive level of remuneration, considering experience and qualifications.
The role may be variable but will be approximately 12 hours/week. We will expect you to prep, attend competitions over and above this. There is a fixed fee for competition attendance.
This role may be filled jointly with the Bronze Squad Coach position and additional hours may also be available with the Junior Masters Squad, providing up to 6 hours of additional poolside coaching.
If you are interested in applying for would like further details, we would love to hear from you:
President - Paul Cameron email:- firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President – Sharon Wellwood email:- email@example.com
Closing date is the 15th January