The role will be responsible for managing our highly popular Holiday Camps in established locations, as well as growing our weekly sessions in to new geographical areas; leading group sessions; overseeing sessions delivered by other team members, including Lead Coaches, Coaches and Assistant Coaches. The appropriate candidate must be able to comply with our Ethos and Values, reinforce these and build upon our established inclusive, hardworking, supportive and creative team culture.
This role will suit someone who is looking to take on leadership responsibility, be part of a relatively young, yet established organisation embarking upon a growth phase, offering an opportunity to grow with the organisation. The candidate must be able to work autonomously and remotely when goals and tasks are set by Directors. Upon receiving approval by Directors, these goals and strategies should then be efficiently executed by the post holder.
School term-time responsibilities will initially be on a part-time basis (approx. 8 hours per week), with the aim to grow in to a full-time position, dependent upon the performance of the post-holder. Responsibilities during School holiday periods will be full time (approx. 40 hours per week).
The role of Head Coach & Camp Manager will report directly to the Directors of North East Football Academy.
Responsible For Managing
The role of North East Football Academy Head Coach & Camp Manager will oversee and be responsible for managing Lead Coaches, Coaches and Assistant Coaches.
Collaborate and Work Alongside
The role of North East Football Academy Head Coach & Camp Manager will work alongside the Social Media and Marketing Manager
Person Specification – Qualifications, Skills, Qualities & Experience
- SFA (or equivalent) 1.3 Children’s Coaching Awarding – or ability to obtain by 1st April 2024
- Level 2 Children’s Coaching Licence is desirable
- First Aid Qualification
- SFA Child Wellbeing and Safeguarding Course
- Driving Licence and access to a car
- Proficient in using Microsoft 365 applications
- Possess a high level of emotional intelligence
- Understand team dynamics and how to positively influence teamwork
- Comfortable in working alone
- Must be trustworthy, responsible and reliable
- Aware of areas of necessary self-development
- Ability to understand and implement business strategies
- Ability to research and understand potential areas of geographical organisational growth
- Ability to present research findings to Directors in suitable formats
- Ability to build rapport and maintain trust and relationships with internal and external stakeholders of all ages
- Possesses excellent time keeping, project management and organisation skills
- Must be passionate about coaching and working alongside young people
- Must be able to forward think and problem solve
- Experience of working with children who have specific support requirements
- Experience in working as part of a team, leadership roles/management of a team
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience working with children and young people in a leadership capacity
- Collaborate with team members to ensure all administration tasks are completed in a timely manner in preparation for and during each Camp
- Collaborate with Directors to recruit team members
- Ensure appropriate teams of staff are organised in preparation for each Camp
- Lead teams of staff during the operational aspects of each camp, ensuring NEFA values and policies are met at all times
- Organise and oversee the evaluation of staff coaching sessions to ensure consistently high standards of delivery
- Ensure accurate attendance records are kept in line with NEFA policies
- Ensure all NEFA activities are run in line with health and safety expectations
- Liaise with team members and Directors to ensure appropriate staff support is provided
- Build positive working relationships with staff, facility providers, parents/carers, and business partners
- Act as a role model for all NEFA team members and participants, demonstrating high standards at all times
- Create engaging and inclusive weekly curriculum coaching sessions and daily holiday camp coaching sessions
- Lead sessions for participants during camps where required
- Conflict resolution and complaint handling where required
- Collaborate with Directors to develop a term time programme of weekly sessions which will be led by the post holder and other members of the team
- First Aid responsibilities including but not limited to providing first aid as required and ensuring appropriate levels of first aid provisions are monitored.
- Report safeguarding concerns in a timely and professional manner to appropriate persons
- Research and understand areas of potential geographical organisational growth
- Present research findings to Directors in suitable formats
- Maintain confidentiality relating to business strategies and operations
- Attend bi-weekly virtual progress meetings with Directors
- Other duties as required to meet the needs of the organisation
- Work with Directors to evaluate post holder performance in all aspects of the role responsibilities
The role of North East Football Academy Head Coach & Camp Manager will be employed under a Contractor status
Holiday entitlement discussed at interview stage.
Dependent on skills and experience level (up to £500 per week). To be discussed at interview stage.
The successful candidate will be subject to a criminal record background check prior to commencing the role.
Interested parties with questions should contact email@example.com.
How to Apply
5pm on Friday 23rd February 2024