Haddington RFC is a community rugby club in East Lothian, 17 miles east of Edinburgh. We look forward to celebrating our 110th year in 2021. We seek to appoint a Full Time Youth Rugby Development Manager to drive youth rugby at the club with responsibility for development and delivery of the youth rugby programme through the club, Knox Academy and the four cluster primary schools. The position is key to helping the club meet its strategic goals around youth rugby, long term player development, and community sustainability.
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 (dependent on skills & competencies brought to the role) Closing date 29th February 2020
- Short, medium and long term planning and delivery of rugby programme including rugby coaching, matches, referees and S&C to S1-S6 age groups
- Succession planning to ensure that qualified coaches are appointed to all teams and receive the appropriate training required
- Collaborate with volunteers, schools, club coaches, SRU, local employers and other external resources to leverage delivery of the programme
- Manage youth rugby budget, youth development officer and other available specialist coaching resources (as applicable)
- Collaborate with senior rugby head coach and mini rugby manager to deliver a Long Term Player Development programme throughout the Club with a particular focus of transitioning into mini, from mini to S1, and from youth players to senior rugby
- Drive increase in participation and performance at all youth levels inclusive of boys and girls
- Implement rigour around KPI setting, measuring and reporting to committee, stakeholders and funding partners
- Work closely with the SRU regional support and in partnership with the local stakeholders to ensure alignment with Scottish Rugby’s strategic objectives
- Create rugby memories with a strong culture and opportunity for team building (e.g. tours & summer camps)
- Support the development of a sustainable club to provide members, coaches, volunteers and players a consistently great community experience.
For more information or to apply please email a cover letter and CV to Bob Snodgrass, VP Rugby HRFC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 6th March 2020