Recruiting body: Glasgow Disability Sport
Closing date: Friday 15 February 2019
Glasgow Disability Sport (GDS) is a voluntary sport group where the main aim is to lead in the development of sport for people with physical, sensory or learning disabilities in partnership with key local agencies and local authority areas in Glasgow. GDS is a member branch of Scottish Disability Sport (SDS) who are the governing body of sport for athletes and players with a physical, sensory or learning disability. GDS have achieved SDS Minimum Operating Requirements (MOR) which ensures all governance is up to date and appropriate. The committee of GDS now wishes to appoint new committee members to join the branch.
Role Title – Committee Member (voluntary)
Organisation – Glasgow Disability Sport (GDS)
Responsible to – Glasgow Disability Sport committee
Location – Glasgow
Contract – This is a voluntary position, but all reasonable expenses will be paid. Committee members will be expected to attend branch meetings (held 4-6 times per year), support the branch to maintain SDS Minimum Operating Requirements and support the chairperson in driving the branch forward. The Level of time commitment is flexible and will be tailored to suit the applicant’s current commitments and the needs of the branch.
Term – 2 years
- Prepared to make a regular time commitment
- Prepared to make decisions when necessary
- Passionate about disability sport
- Responsibility for attending committee management meetings and reporting back to appropriate members with matters arising from meeting (if required).
- When unable to attend meetings, send apologies along with a short report to the Secretary for the minutes.
- Complete trustee’s declaration.
- Be completely familiar with GDS constitution, clubs/organisation committee procedures and the GDS rules and regulations.
- Vote on GDS matters when asked to and attend EGM and AGM meetings.
- To support GDS to ensure SDS Minimum Operating Standards are kept up to date and complete.
- To be part of committee sub groups assisting in: Securing funds, organising events and strengthening communications with members and clubs
- Support the chairperson in the work of GDS.
Interviews Thursday 27 February
All applicants should send a note of interest to Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org detailing why you are interested in the role and any relevant skills and experience.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact Jennifer Barsby on the above email or phone the SDS office on 0131 317 1170.