Department Girls and Women Football Department
Report to Girls Academy and Womens Team Manager
Salary Competitive salary
Hours 9-12 hours per week to be worked flexibly depending on team fixtures and closed seasons.
Locations ORIAM Performance Centre, Riccarton and various away locations
Start Date November 2019
Heart of Midlothian is a Scottish Premiership Football Club and an Edinburgh institution with a proud heritage dating back to 1874. The Football Club is honoured and delighted to be in a position to announce new vacancies in the Elite Girls Academy and Women’s First Team as we move towards the transition of integrating Women and Girls Football into the Football Club under the talented stewardship of Kevin Murphy who has been working incredibly hard within his capacity as Girls Academy and Women’s Team Manager since he joined the Club in January. As such we would like to invite applications for the position of Hearts Women & Girls Academy Lead Physiotherapist who will oversee all Women’s & Girls clinics. All clinics will be held within the club’s state of the art facilities based at the ORIAM. All training sessions and games will be held within the club’s state of the art facilities based at the ORIAM. Squads will train three or four evenings a week depending on the squad with games at the weekend.
The football club have demonstrated their willingness to create and develop an elite female youth pathway which offers unrivalled opportunities for girls to reach their full potential. Players will be developed within an elite training environment with expert coaching and support staff surrounded by the world class facilities and expert resource.
- Management of the scheduled weekly clinics for all Under 11’s to Women’s First Team players
- Organise the Weekly Academy Match-Day Physio Rota
- Assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of all Academy Players / First Team Players
- Weekly feedback to coaching staff regarding management of injuries and treatment plans in place
- Liaison with The Football Science team regarding rehabilitation of injured player’s return to play
- Medical screening at Under 11 to First Team in conjunction with the Football Science department
- Evidence Based interventions and prevention strategies for the development of physical qualities
- Liaison with the Scottish FA Performance Schools (if applicable) in relation to player injuries and return to play schedule/programme
- Injury recording and auditing using the Academy Online System
- Ensure all Match-day Physio Medical Bags are detailed and available for use
- Ensure all Academy Medical staff adhere to club policy and code of conducts and devise a relevant CPD programme annually based on an assessment of staff needs
- Devise an education programme for Academy Staff, Players and Parents
- Ensure appropriate feedback and communication to the Scottish FA regarding players representing Regional and / or National Squads
- Liaising with National / Regional Scottish FA medical teams to obtain feedback on injury status on Hearts Academy / First Team players
The successful candidate will:
- Must be a registered member of the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Must hold a valid Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) Membership
- Must hold a valid pitch side First Aid qualification
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Good organisational skills and keeping records updated
- Willingness to go through and meet the criteria of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) application
- Demonstrate a strong team work ethic with a can-do attitude, proven professionalism and excellent timekeeping.
- Other related valid qualifications such as Kinesiology Taping Courses / Acupuncture / Rehabilitation
- Proven experience of Girls / Women’s football
- Proven experience of working within an Elite First Team environment.
How to apply:
If you think that you are suitable for the position and meet the above criteria above, please send a CV and Covering letter (outlining your relevant Physiotherapy experience & qualifications and why you are interested in this role) to the HR Department on: email@example.com
Closing Date: 5pm on 22nd September 2019