First Team Coach
University of Strathclyde Men’s Football Club
Term Time Position: Up to 28 weeks during academic year
Evening & Weekend Hours: Approx. 4-7 hours per week depending on fixtures
Payment for services: Competitive hourly fee (fixed rate for matches)
Start Date: August/ September 2019
Applications are invited for the position of First Team Coach for the University of Strathclyde Men’s Football Club. At Strathclyde University Football club, we are looking for a coach that is going to be hands on with training and games. The coach will be primarily in charge of the first team and is expected to implement a professional standard at the club.
The coach is required to lead, manage and deliver coaching services to the Men’s Football Club, including training and fixtures.
Club training sessions take place on Monday and Thursday evenings during the academic year at Stepps Playing Fields (G33 6ND) and Crownpoint Sports Complex (G40 2AL). Competitive British Universities & Colleges Sport (BUCS) fixtures take place on Wednesday afternoons and homes games will take place at the same venue.
The First Team also competes in the Caledonian Premier League on a Saturday afternoon. Attendance to these games are not mandatory however candidates available for these games will be favoured.
The successful application will be required to plan and develop well-organised sessions to suit the need of the team and individual players. Excellent communication skills when delivering sessions is crucial to this role.
Applicants should hold a UEFA B Licence or equivalent for this term-time position.
The successful candidate will be expected to be registered/register as self-employed and hold their own coaching insurance policy.
- Lead coaching at training sessions and on match days
- Attempt to improve technical and tactical development of players.
- Contribute to the enhancement of the student experience through high quality coaching which engages, sustains and increases participation.
- Maintain accurate records on training attendance, team selections, tactical and technical analysis of players and opposition teams.
- Regular evaluation of team performance.
- In partnership with the committee, responsible and accountable for team selection, determining methods of selection and providing feedback.
- Maintain regular communication with the Men’s Football club committee and University of Strathclyde Sports Union where required.
- Make sure all sessions comply with high standards of Health & Safety.
- UEFA B Licence or equivalent
- Valid First Aid qualification
- Excellent communication skills
- Hold or be willing to go through PVG accreditation
- Attend all/majority of training sessions and matches
- Experience of leading Football teams
- UEFA A Licence or equivalent
- Experience of University football
- Attendance to Caledonian League Games
Applications are considered via CV and Covering Letter by email, outlining the following:
- Coaching experience
- Why you are interested in this role
- Availability to coach on Training evenings and Wednesday afternoon Matches
Please submit applications to email@example.com, Club Captain.