Working Hours: Monday - Thursday approximately 20 hours per week. Occasionally weekend cover may be required to cover holidays or illness.
Rate of pay: £10.50 per hour
Location: Broxburn United Sports Club
Who We Are: BUSC is one of the leading community club charities within Scotland currently generating and reinvesting annually within our community, benefiting those who help us record c.20k engagements per annum.
Winners of West Lothian Community Club of the year 2017 our fast-growing organisation currently employs 2 full-time staff and 6 part time. We have a high volume of volunteers who help support our member clubs and engage with the community. Our staff delivers high-quality projects in community engagement, education, health, and sports inclusion.
Vision: BUSC As a sports club, we aim to provide sporting, educational and social opportunities within our community to change lives for the better.
We strive to: inspire change, raise aspirations, invest in futures, improve health and wellbeing, provide sporting opportunities, and build a more integrated and inclusive society.
Our Values: We have a dedicated and determined group of staff who commit to ensuring that values are embedded in everyday thinking. It is essential that all connected with BUSC share in these values to assist us in # broxburnforlife
- Building partnerships with like-minded organisations
- A proactive style to progress the impact and quality of our work
- An open and honest approach to working with all parts of the community
- To ensure that everyone who wants to engage with BUSC can do so.
- Honesty, trustworthiness, respect, diversity, ambition, equality, families, communities, opportunities.
Pillars to support these values:
- Fulfill potential
- Encourage achievement
- Enhance wellbeing
- Success through sport and participation.
Background to the role:
We are seeking a new and friendly motivated individual to join our friendly and hard-working team, helping us to serve the membership and the community of Broxburn & Uphall.
Become part of a successful team on and off the park and support those we serve in our community.
Main Purpose of the role:
This role will involve working with member clubs, the community, and external hires. The role involves ensuring the facility's needs are met, placing equipment in the correct storage areas, and helping support coaches and staff to have the facility ready for use. The job requires the person to be responsible for the day-to-day frontline operations of the facility. You will be in control of the public and general health and safety of the facility, assisting with hall and pitch setups, while ensuring cleanliness and good housekeeping of the facility.
How to apply:
To apply, please email your CV, and cover letter detailing your suitability for the role to James Pegg - at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Description - Facility Attendant
Job Title: Facility Attendant
Responsible To: Facility Manager
- Liaising with our customers and community who regularly visit our facility to ensure they enter and exit and have the best possible experience whilst at Albyn Park.
- Be responsible for the opening and closing of the premises.
- Setting up and maintaining equipment, checking it is not damaged and is safe to use. Ensuring equipment is placed away properly for the next user i.e. goals/nets etc
- Maintenance of storage facilities, lost property, and changing room use.
- Preparing rooms for use, moving tables and chairs, and clearance/cleaning for the next hire.
- Assist with managing room/pitch bookings for internal and external hirers, and selling refreshments in our cafe which may include handling small amounts of cash.
- Checking cafe stock and ensuring reception/cafe are adequately stocked at all times.
- Answering the phone and recording inquiries.
- Assisting with First Aid application, as required.
- Be prepared to apply for a Disclosure Scotland PVG.
- Good Communicator, friendly, and respectful
- The post holder will work to resolve day-to-day problems within the premises to maintain a consistent approach and minimise any disruption
- The post holder will be required to make appropriate decisions for effective operations of the facility
- Ability to work with national, local, and organisational child protection and safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Worked with the public and/or young people
- First Aid Trained or work towards gaining a First Aid at Work certificate
Skills - essential
- A “can do” attitude is essential
- Must be proactive
- Communicate effectively with all people
- To have a pleasant and approachable demeanour
- An ability to work with a minimum of supervision and be a customer focussed
- Confident individual
Skills - desirable
- Experience working with children and young people
- Experience of working with volunteers