Salary: £15,000 per annum
Hours: Part time, flexible working (based on 1000 hours per annum – approx. 20 hours a week)
Duration: Fixed term until 31st December 2020 (potential for a further 2 years and beyond subject to securing funding)
Dundee City Disability Sport was formed in 1981. This was Dundee District Council's main contribution to the "International Year of the Disabled. DCDS is a registered charity in Scotland. Scottish Charity No. SCO22333. Dundee City Disability Sport in partnership with Leisure and Culture Dundee has a vision of its role: "To lead the development of sport and physical recreation for people of all ages with a disability within Dundee City" The purpose of Dundee City Disability Sport is to coordinate and support the provision of recreational activities for people with Physical, Sensory and Learning Disabilities.
The Purpose of the Post
Lead the development of disability sport in Dundee by creating effective links between national organisations, affiliated clubs and organisations and the local authority and increasing the numbers of participants, coaches and volunteers.
The successful candidate will be responsible and report to Dundee City Disability Sport (DCDS). The post holder will be required to:
- To secure sufficient funds for the ongoing development of DCDS in accordance with OSCR guidelines and procedures.
- Develop, co-ordinate and promote education and development opportunities for coaches and volunteers working with disabled athletes and players.
- Create, maintain and develop partnerships, liaising with local authority partners and other stakeholders to support people with a disability into sport
- Actively celebrate and promotes DCDS successes and positive role models in disability sport.
- Represent DCDS at related and relevant meetings as required.
Essential skills for the role
- Able to work on own initiative with minimum of direct supervision
- Previous experience in working with and supporting people with a disability
- Sound administration skill, delivering a range of diverse project activities
- A background demonstrating good event planning and coordinating skills
- Hold a current full and clean driving licence – it is recommended that the post holder should have valid insurance for business use
Desirable skills for the role
- Able to demonstrate influencing and leadership skills in business and sporting settings using excellent communication skills
- Creativity, imagination and entrepreneurial attitude to fundraising
- Experience of successfully completing grant funding applications
- Familiar with the landscape of sport in a local, regional and national setting
The closing date for receipt of applications is 26 July 2019. A CV and cover letter stating reason for application and suitability for the role must be sent to DCDS Chairperson at email@example.com by this date.
Interviews may be held in evenings and will include a presentation.