Hamilton Academical Football Club are currently seeking to recruit a permanent, full-time physiotherapist to oversee the delivery of medical provision to their Development phase squad as well as assist the head physiotherapist in medical provision where required with the First Team squad. The successful candidate will work within a pro-active medical and sport science department where First Team and Development staff work as one unit, toward delivering best practice physiotherapy. Working closely with young athletes you will be expected to place their holistic development at the centre of your practice. Opportunities for in-house CPD with others members of the medical and sport science department are available throughout the season.
- Evidence informed assessment, acute intervention, and rehabilitation toward return to participation and performance enhancement.
- Work closely with Development phase sport scientist in developing rehabilitation programmes for injured players as well as performance enhancement / injury reduction strategies for the Development squad.
- Assist First Team physiotherapist with duties including overseeing rehab, treatment, IT, CPD provision, and stock.
- Pitch side cover for Under 18 and Reserve matches.
- Assist First Team physiotherapist in match day preparation as well as emergency action planning.
- The post will involve evening and weekend work.
- Maintain medical notes in line with CSP / HCPC regulations.
- Undertake regular CPD.
Person Specification (essential):
- BSc (Hons) or equivalent degree in Physiotherapy.
- HCPC and CSP registration.
- Takes responsibility for ensuring high quality work and maintaining standards.
- Possess an understanding of growth and maturation in young athletes within both medical and performance contexts.
- Evidence of on-going CPD relevant to this post.
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office.
Person Specification (desirable):
- Previous experience of working within professional sporting environment.
- Attainment of SportPromote (or equivalent) emergency pitch side care qualification.
Salary: in the region of £21,000 per annum
How to apply: Please send CV and cover letter to Head Physiotherapist, Rory Jack by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 17/11/19