This job description describes the practical purpose and main elements of the job. It is a guide to the nature and main duties of the job as they exist currently, but is not intended as a wholly comprehensive or permanent schedule.
1. JOB DETAILS
Job Title: Deputy Manager Department: The Academy Sports Centre
Reports to: Andy Utterson Location: The Academy Sports Centre
2. OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The principle aim of this role is to help develop and drive forward our newly refurbished fitness gym. This position is the perfect role for someone currently working in the fitness industry as a personal trainer or fitness instructor now looking to take a step into management. Due to the nature of this position, any applicant must be comfortable working with both adults in the gym and children in a range of different sports.
This will be a full time position covering 40 hours per week. This role will involve working evenings and weekends.
Please send all applications to Andy Utterson, Academy Sports Centre, 10 Arboretum Road, Edinburgh, EH3 5PL or email email@example.com or phone 0131 624 4900
3. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES – This describes the key area of the job.
- Cash handling - Be responsible for day-to-day management of all cash and receipts.
- Ensure high standards of customer service are maintained at all times and support the manager in making sure that the Edinburgh Academy Sports Centre Ltd offers a customer focused service to help achieve continuous improvement and innovation in service delivery.
- Cleaning and helping to create a safe environment under the Centre’s Health & Safety policy
- You will be expected to coach a variety of sports in the existing after schools programme including: football, handball, gymnastics, cricket, tennis etc.
- Assist in the running of after school activity programmes, holiday camps and children’s parties ensuring fun is had by all as well as showing good control of the children.
- Help with Senior Games Registration
- Deliver Gym Sessions on Tuesday and Thursdays ensuring a high level of coaching at all times.
- Act as Duty Manager when the Centre Manager is not on site
- Supervise the use of facilities by organisations and individuals, ensuring that high standards of safety are maintained for both customers and staff.
- Be responsible for the management of First Aid and Emergency action during the Sports Centres opening hours.
- Ensure that the facilities comply with Fire & Health and Safety regulations.
- Assist the manager with the development of programmes within the Sports Centre.
- Be responsible for the supervision of the reception and the leisure attendants.
- Act as an ambassador for the Edinburgh Academy Sports Centre.
These key tasks are not intended to be exhaustive, but they highlight a number of major tasks that the post-holder may be reasonably expected to undertake.
4. PERSON SPECIFICATION
E = Essential
D = Desirable
- Experience working with children - E
- Previous management experience – D
- Previous leisure experience – D
- A strong background in gym/fitness class/personal training – E
- Competent across a broad range of common Microsoft applications – E
- Excellent communication skills – E
- Be able to work effectively as part of a team – E
- Comfortable working with both adults and children - E