Closing Date: Friday 16th February 2018
Overall Job Purpose
To provide expert project management and guidance for the implementation of and compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the UK Data Protection Bill (DPB) within the Scottish FA, its subsidiary and associated companies, Affiliated National Associations, recognised leagues and member clubs. Advising and monitoring, organisational GDPR compliance through training and raising awareness.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Organisation, coordination and execution of project and processes involved in readiness for GDPR and DPB and ongoing compliance;
- Coordination with various organisational departments, updating and maintenance of the business processes in terms of data protection;
- Installing and updating records of compliance;
- Identifying business processes and the personal data included;
- Development and implementation of policies concerning deletion of personal data and storage of personal data;
- Inform and advise management, staff and wider membership on data protection regulation issues and new developments;
- Monitoring compliance with legal obligations under GDPR and DPB and provide updates on the data protection compliance programme;
- Developing and delivering a programme of training in order to raise awareness for data protection related matters within the Scottish FA and the wider membership;
- Review data processing elements in relation to commercial agreements and contracts;
- Contact point for authorities, staff, wider membership and data subjects;
- Monitoring and advising on the initial and on-going data protection risk assessments (privacy impact assessments) to ensure that personal data is protected;
- Any other reasonable duties as directed by the Company Secretary.
This job description should be seen as enabling rather than restrictive, and will be subject to regular review.
Competitive Salary and Benefits.
This post is offered as a 2 year fixed term contract.
Further information and applications