Department: Equipment Standards, WAGR™ and Information Technology
Reporting To: Director – Equipment Standards & Chief Technology Officer
Hours: 35 hours, Mon – Fri – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Location: Kingsbarns, Fife
Contract: Full time – Permanent
The R&A, the governing body for the Rules of Golf worldwide (excluding the USA and Mexico), is seeking to recruit a permanent, full-time Manager to oversee a range of data projects. This job would also include management of the administration and technological development of the World Amateur Golf Rankings™ (WAGR).
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Core responsibilities are:
- Managing a team of co-ordinators responsible for the delivery of WAGR each week of the year. This group is responsible for entering data from tournaments worldwide and responding to questions on the system.
- Liaising with organisations affiliated to The R&A on all WAGR related matters.
- Leading the promotion and development of WAGR through www.wagr.com and bespoke software.
- Overall responsibility for the maintenance of the system and its progression
- Working with the United States Golf Association (USGA) who partner The R&A on the delivery of WAGR Data projects
- Liaison with other departments in data intensive projects (mainly in the development of the World Handicap System).
- Algorithm design to enable the processing and analysis of data
- Collation of testing data and the creation of reports on this testing
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office is essential
- The ability to use statistical methods or algorithm development is essential.
- Programming (VBA, Basic, Fortran, Matlab, C# or similar language)
- Management of a team
- Understanding of golf is advantageous.
- Communication of technical issues to non-experts would be an advantage
In addition, the successful candidate will require:
- Excellent I.T., administrative and organisational skills.
- Excellent team management skills.
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- An understanding of The R&A, its position within the game of golf and its history maintaining high standards of presentation and efficiency at all times.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
- Excellent time management in order to meet deadlines.
To apply for this vacancy, please send your c.v. and covering letter, stating your salary expectations, by the closing date of Friday 20th October 2017 to Caroline Lee – email@example.com
This job description is written as an indication of the nature and scope of duties and responsibilities. It is not intended as a fully descriptive or definitive list and jobholders will be expected to carry out other duties assigned which are appropriate to the position.