Location: Various Locations in West Lothian, EH54 6FF
Salary: £31,965 - £35,382 per year
Hours: 36 hours per week
Fixed Term until 31 March 2023
The closing date for this post is provisionally set at 26 September 2021. West Lothian Council reserve the right to close this post early depending on applicant response levels
We are keen to employ a diverse workforce that reflects the people of Scotland. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and particularly from groups currently under-represented, including people with disabilities, those from minority ethnic communities or from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds
Culture & Sport’s Active Schools and Community Sport team aims to increase activity levels by ensuring there are more opportunities to participate in sport and more people delivering opportunities in schools and the wider community.
West Lothian Council are looking for a dynamic, well organised individual with excellent communication skills to work with the local sporting community, school staff, pupils and a range of partners within the local geographical community.
Community Sport Coordinators strive to further embed equality, inclusion and diversity in the sporting system and are currently focussed on supporting community sports clubs and other stakeholders/partners in their efforts to recover from the impacts of the pandemic.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline, GTCS registered or equivalent workplace experience.
- Clearly demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the aims of sportscotland programmes including Community Sports Hubs
- Extensive experience of engaging with communities through sport and physical activity in education, sport, health, community, leisure and/or recreation industries.
- Proven project management experience
- Clearly demonstrate the ability to engage with key partners and maintain good working relationships.
- Ability to prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and work on own initiative.
- Confident in using Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Full and valid driving licence and access to transport.
- Experience of working and developing clubs and organisations to deliver sport and physical activity projects and programmes within a local authority setting;
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated with the ability to motivate others.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Ability to build trust and devolve responsibility and resources to partners/colleagues.
- Clear understanding of the benefits that physical activity and sport can bring to all.
- Resilient and able to deal confidently with difficult challenges.
- Value and promote equality and diversity within Active Schools and Community Sports team with partners.