Closing date: 6 Feb
15 Hours per week, Maternity cover
To deliver and assist in the provision of high quality sporting activities within Raploch Campus.
What’s expected of you
We recognise that our team members are at the heart of everything we do. We want to ensure that we recruit the right people and develop them in line with our core values of People Centred, Ambitious, Respect, Team Spirit and Integrity. We believe that our core values are instrumental in the way we carry out our business and behave each day. The duties and how we expect you to carry out this role are listed under each of the following core values.
People Centred – People are at the centre of everything we do
- go the extra mile to help a customer or colleague in your own or another team
- provide instruction, information, assistance and motivation to health club members, gym users and fitness class users ensuring that they are able to gain the maximum benefit from their sessions
- educate members on using the technology available to help enhance their customer experience
Ambitious – Pushing ourselves to be at the top of the game every time
- learn and develop new skills to maximise your potential
- bring your ideas to your manager on how we can do things better whether it’s something to improve you, your team or the wider business
- develop and implement fitness activities and classes within Active Stirling
- participate in sports exhibitions and displays, including the assembly and dismantling of equipment
Respect – Everyone counts
• treat others as you’d like to be treated and be mindful of their opinions
• conduct health club inductions, including the safe and most effective use of equipment, fitness testing and fitness programme formulation
Team Spirit – By working together, we work better
- be a true team player displaying a positive attitude and cooperation
- welcome new team members and help them with anything they’re unsure of
- assist Raploch reception in busy times and be able to answer any queries that members/prospective members might have
- cover fitness classes at short notice on shift if necessary
- assist reception is signing up new members and assisting current members re-new memberships
- assist in the sales of Active Community Memberships
Integrity – We do what we say we’ll do
- be honest and trustworthy in all that you do, following through on all tasks given to you
- supervise all health club users, including the observation of safety procedures
- carry out safety/maintenance checks and report on the condition of equipment and facilities in order that quality standards and safety are maintained
- act appropriately in emergency situations, including the provision of first aid, and following procedures and reporting arrangements
These key tasks are not intended to be exhaustive, but they highlight a number of major tasks that the post-holder may be expected to undertake.
Working on a shift rota, including evenings and weekends.
Flexible in approach to working hours.
Every job description in the organisation will be subject to a review either:
- on an annual basis at the time of the annual appraisal meeting, or
- as a result of a change in strategic direction, or
- as a result of a team/ operational requirements, or
- as a result of agreed performance appraisal needs and objectives, or
- within six months of appointment.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum SVQ level 2 gym instructors qualification
- Exposure to the gym environment with the understanding of the operation of a busy gym
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to motivate others
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Proven ability of working to a high standard
- Good communication skills
- Basic IT skills
- Fitness Class qualifications
Skills and Personal Qualities:
- Good communication skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Further information and applications