- Are you a local person with an interest in developing and supporting sporting activities in the area?
- Do you have the skills required to undertake the role of Chair, Secretary or Treasurer?
- Are you forward thinking with excellent partnership building skills?
2019 is an exciting time to get involved in the Sports Council for Badenoch & Strathspey, with new partnership opportunities and support available this is a real opportunity to review and develop the role and remit of the Sports Council to achieve the core aims and objectives of the organisation.
Badenoch & Strathspey Sports Council exists to promote sport, publicise and promote events, encourage cooperation between sports clubs and organisations and maximise the use of sports facilities in the area.
As Treasurer of the Sports Council you will be responsible for keeping the accounts and reporting the financial position of the organisation at committee meetings and the AGM
- Keep proper accounts for the BSSC financial year, 1 April to 31 March
- Ensure end of year accounts are audited and presented at the AGM
- Manage the BSSC bank account, being a joint signatory
- Process membership affiliation fees and grant payments
- Process payments for BSSC events and affiliations
As Secretary of the Sports Council you will be responsible for carrying out the administrative responsibilities of the organisation, including:
- To produce minutes for each committee meeting and the AGM
- Circulate papers to membership ahead of committee meetings and AGM
- To monitor and manage the BSSC email address and report correspondence at committee meetings
- Administer the BSSC Facebook page, uploading content and sharing relevant information
- To handle the administration for grant applications and awards, along with any other administration as required
- Contribute to the general business of the committee in accordance with the BSSC Constitution and Guidelines
- Attend BSSC committee meetings and AGM
- Understand the views and needs of the BSSC membership, expanding the BSSC role and membership
All positions are elected annually at the AGM. Individuals are eligible to stand for re-election according to the criteria set out in the BSSC Constitution and Guidelines.
Committee meetings take place 8 to 10 times per year. Additional commitment may be required to attend Highland Council, Highlife Highland or SALSC meetings and events.
To find out more about the roles available within the Sports Council and to apply please contact Caroline Boadle on firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for notes of interest and applications is Friday 28th June.