Men’s Senior Rugby
Annan Rugby, which is based in the south West of Scotland, is seeking a qualified and motivated Assistant Head Coach to join our male Senior Coaching Team in preparation for pre- season, prior to the commencement of the 2019/2020 season.
The club currently have two senior men’s teams, playing competitively in Tennent’s West League Division 1 and Tennen’ts West Reserve League Division 2. The Club also have a vibrant youth section with boys teams at U14, U16 and U18
The boys have their own coaching team’s however you may be required to provide support where necessary during the season.
We are looking for someone who shares our values and ambitions, who can build on the success and improvements of the last few years and work alongside the committee the current head coach and wider coaching team as well as the thriving youth section.
The successful applicant will be expected to –
- Work with other Senior Coaches to plan training sessions, matches etc.
- To prepare individual player profiling and development on a regular basis.
- To assist with selection to the Senior 1st and 2nd XV Men’s teams.
- Be present at all training sessions and games throughout the season. In cases where one must be missed, arrangements must be made prior to the specific practice or game.
- Conduct all training sessions and fixtures in a professional, safe, and responsible manner while promoting good sportsmanship on and off the field in a manner that does not detract from the reputation of the club.
- Communicate personally to all squad members on selection decisions.
- Stay involved with continuing education and updated techniques as they pertain to the sport.
- Liaise with the Annan Rugby Vice President (Rugby) and wider Committee as and when appropriate to ensure the team’s objectives are being met.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a dynamic and wide ranging player base and be part of the wider Annan Rugby family.
Requirements for position:
The successful Candidate should be preferably qualified to UKCC Level 2; have an understanding of the Scottish Rugby Technical Blueprint; possess good interpersonal skills and adhere to the SRU Guidelines.
Training is held on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 7pm at Violetbank with League and Cup fixtures normally being played on a Saturday during the season.
Please note that this is a voluntary position.
Interested individuals should contact Neil Moffat, Club Vice President (Rugby).
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and interviews scheduled with qualified candidates.
Please send coaching resumes and any questions to Neil Moffat via - firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for this Position is Friday 31st May, 2019.