Annan Rugby, which is based in the south West of Scotland, is seeking an additional qualified and motivated Assistant Coach to join our Annan Warriors Women’s Senior Coaching Team for the beginning of the 2019/2020 season.
The club currently have one senior women’s team who have both improved considerably over the last few seasons and are currently in the new Tennent’s Women’s National League Division 1 for the 2019/2020 season. The Club also have a vibrant girls youth section with teams currently at U15 and U18
The girls have their own coaching team, however you may be required to provide support where necessary during the season.
We are looking for someone who shares our values and ambitions, who can build on the success and improvements of the last few years and work alongside the Women’s Head Coach, Committee and the thriving youth section.
The successful applicant will be responsible for assisting with the Women’s senior coaching and candidates will preferably be qualified to UKCC Level 2, with previous coaching experience or hold a current UKCC Level 1 again with previous coaching experience and a willingness to work towards UKCC Level 2, which would be supported by the Club.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a dynamic and wide ranging player base and be part of the wider Annan Rugby family.
Requirements for position:
- Be present at all training sessions and games throughout the season. In cases where one must be missed, arrangements must be made prior to the specific practice or game.
- Coach the teams according to the skill level of the club’s players in order to develop and improve their skills.
- Create and execute practice plans under the direction of the Women’s Head Coach where applicable.
- Conduct all training sessions and fixtures in a professional, safe, and responsible manner while promoting good sportsmanship on and off the field in a manner that does not detract from the reputation of the club.
- Stay involved with continuing education and updated techniques as they pertain to the sport.
- Liaise with the Women’s Head Coach Annan Rugby Vice President and wider Committee as and when appropriate to ensure the team’s objectives are being met.
Training is held on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 7pm at Violetbank with League and Cup fixtures normally being played on a Sunday during the season.
Please note that this is a voluntary position.
Interested individuals should contact Neil Moffat, Club Vice President (Rugby).
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and interviews scheduled with qualified candidates.
Please send coaching resumes and any questions to Neil Moffat at - firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for this Position is Friday 31 May, 2019.