Reporting to: Head of Academy Analysis
Location: The Hummel Training Centre
Employment Status: Permanent/Full time
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Academy of Rangers Football Club in the position of Assistant Academy Analyst.
Massive change has taken place in Rangers Academy in the last three years, including the development of a new culture, football methodology and ambition. This is an exciting opportunity to join a progressive, high performance environment and be part of an innovative team. The purpose of the role is to deliver elite performance analysis provision to players in the Academy, focusing on the Professional Academy and Elite School Programme (Boclair Academy). The post holder will be required to liaise closely with the Head of Academy Analysis, Head of Senior Academy and Lead Elite Schools Coach on a daily basis.
In addition to providing an elite learning environment for Academy players (both in the schools programme and academy age groups), the post holder will deliver performance analysis within the Player Performance Programme and will support the Head of Academy Analysis as required.
Overview of Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- To deliver performance analysis to the U18’s squad (and other Academy age groups) and Elite School Programme, contributing to training analysis, pre-match analysis and post-match feedback/feedforward.
- Contribute multidisciplinary support to players
- Ensure production of relevant video materials to support broader Academy programme.
- Undertake specific research projects and detailed statistical analysis to enhance Academy teaching, football methodology and development of our game model.
- Ensure that the Academy culture and philosophy is being implemented at all times.
- Maintain good relationships & communication with the players and coaches.
- Attend all relevant staff meetings
- Liaise with relevant staff in accordance with duties
- Adhere to and promote all child wellbeing and protection protocols.
- Adhere to and promote all health & safety protocols.
- Work to the Club’s values at all times.
- Experience of using multiple performance analysis software (NAcSport, Longomatch, Dartfish, SportsCode, Angles etc.)
- A demonstrable knowledge of football tactics (evidenced through coaching qualifications, playing experience, previous analysis work and/or football blog).
- Experience and advanced use of the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Willing to work flexible hours, including most weekends and some evenings.
- An understanding of the use and implementation of data in football.
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field – minimum 2:1 (Sports Science, Performance Analysis).
- At least 2 years’ experience providing performance analysis support in an elite sports environment.
- Excellent time management.
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
- Experience of using Keynote, numbers, Pages, iBooks Author, PremierPro, Photoshop, and other design software.
- Experience of using large data sets.
- Experience of data visualization techniques
- A working knowledge of player performance pathways
- Basic knowledge of the other Sports Science disciplines
- Basic computer programming skills (R, Python, Macros, etc.)
- Use of both Windows and Mac operating systems
Regulated work with children and protected adults
This position includes regulated work with children and/or protected adults and will require PVG Scheme membership.
Equality & Inclusion:
Rangers Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.
You must keep up to date with new methods and undertake any necessary internal or external training sessions in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures.
If you can add value to our team please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 12th December 2018. Interviews will take place on 19th December 2018.