Ref no: ARB05755
Location: Tobermory High School, Tobermory, Isle of Mull, ., PA75 6PB
Salary: £30,166.00 - £33,943.00 per year pro rata
Contract type: Permanent
Position type: Part Time
Hours: 21 hours per week
Dept: LiveArgyll, Business Development - Active Schools and Sports Development
Closing Date: Wednesday 23rd October 2019
In order to strengthen our Active Schools team, LiveArgyll in partnership with sportscotland wish to appoint to the above permanent post.
We are committed to investing in the Active Schools Network and its fundamental aim of providing more and higher quality opportunities to take part in sport and physical activity before school, during lunchtime and after school, and to develop effective pathways between schools and sports clubs in the local community.
This is a key appointment to support current, and develop new opportunities for school aged pupils to participate in regular, frequent, safe and fun sport and physical activity.
- Educated to Degree level or GTCS registered and/or further relevant experience or qualifications in a sports and/or business related discipline.
- Clearly demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the aims of the Active Schools Network.
- Extensive experience of engaging with children and young people through sport and physical activity in education sport health, community leisure and /or recreation industries.
- Proven project management experience.
- Clearly demonstrate the ability to engage with key partners and maintain good working relationships.
- Confident in using Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to coordinate and bring together all elements of Active Schools work.
- The jobholder will be expected to travel efficiently and effectively between various work locations within Argyll and Bute and beyond to meet the operational requirements of the Service.
- Satisfactory Clearance – PVG
- Excellent communication skills