Scottish Government announced an additional £300,000 as part of Women and Girls in Sport Week to support projects that women and girls take part in sport and physical activity. We are delighted to share with you the Women and Girls fund is now live and open for applications. The fund is being managed by sportscotland and are seeking applications led by Local Authorities or Scottish Governing Bodies of Sports with projects being delivered in partnership with other organisations. For full details on the fund, please see attached application form.
Programme Outcome: More women and girls are participating in sport and physical activity.
- Demonstrate how the project contributes to the Active Scotland Outcomes Framework, particularly Scottish Government priorities of tackling inactivity and addressing inequality.
- Identify a partnership approach and how risks and relationships will be managed. Applications must be led by local authorities or Scottish governing bodies of sport and projects should be delivered in partnership with other organisations.
- Demonstrate sustainability once investment ends.
- Commit to participating in the monitoring and evaluation of the fund. For monitoring you will be asked to provide basic numbers of how many women and girls engaged with your project. Evaluation will include surveys of project participants and interviews with the lead and partner organisations.
- Have the capability and capacity to start delivery by April 2019.
If you have any queries regarding the fund please contact the firstname.lastname@example.org