We advise you to connect with your governing body for any specific guidance they are offering their member clubs. Click for latest guidance from SGBs.
Local sports organisations, including clubs, schools or third sector organisations, have an opportunity to play a significant part in helping local communities re-connect through sport. As physical restrictions ease we have provided information and resources to help local sports clubs and community organisations to:
- Create a safe space
- Connect people and communities
- Be inclusive
Create a safe space
- Delivery of Sport at a Distance: Child wellbeing and protection considerations in the return of children and young people to sport
- Getting your facilities fit for sport: Guidance to help organisations prepare their facilities for resuming activities
- Getting coaches ready for sport: Guidance to support coaches, deliverers, volunteers, leaders, personal trainers and instructors in preparing for the safe return of delivering sport
- COVID Officer: All sports organisations providing children’s activity must abide by relevant SGB guidance and have a named ‘COVID Officer’ who will complete documented risk assessments and ensure all appropriate mitigations are put in place by the sports organisation before any children’s outdoor activity is undertaken.
- Return to sport coordinator: Role descriptor for an advisor role to help clubs return safely. This could be part of the COVID Officer role but is more focused on supporting participants face to face as they return to activity.
Connect people and communities
- How-to guide for participants e.g how to travel to training, how to stay safe, how to keep others safe
- Communications tools for club & community organisations to connect with participants, volunteers and partners
- Taking a person-centred approach: Guidance on how your organisation can take a more person-centred approach when returning to activity
- Wellbeing survey questions: Identify wellbeing challenges identified by participants, coaches or volunteers to help meet their needs
- Webinar - why a changing lives approach is needed now more than ever
- Webinar - what do we need to build into our activities when returning to sport
- Scottish Disability Sport guidance – guidance for supporting participants with a disability to return to sport