sportscotland offers a Volunteer Management workshop that focuses on how to recruit, develop and retain volunteers. We have specifically redesigned elements of this workshop to consider and respond to the impact of COVID-19.
This workshop is designed to explore the following three themes:
- Know your volunteers
- Know the environment (organisation/programme/NGB)
- Know volunteering
- Recruiting – be able to identify methods of good practice
- Supporting and Developing - recognise the importance of support and development and explore tools to do this
- Recognition and reward - recognise the importance of recognition and reward and explore tools to do this.
- Retention - understand that the sports workforce can be retained by implementing all the above
Tailored to meet the needs of the audience and facilitated to encourage group discussion and peer learning, this workshop is aimed at Club leaders, Hub Leaders, Head Coaches, SGB and Local Authority staff, or anyone who may have a role in the recruitment, development and retention of volunteers in sport.
This workshop is currently being delivered virtually (2 x 90min sessions) and if you are interested in requesting a workshop or would like more information please contact Adele Boucher (Partnership and Project Officer) Coaching&Volunteering@sportscotland.org.uk