Under the topic Physical Literacy we have two workshops.
The role of physical literacy in athlete development - Coach Connect
Watch this short introduction to the topic:
By the end of this workshop you will be able to:
- Recognise and understand what foundation movements are and the value they have within their sport.
- Understand the impact of foundation movement on long-term athlete development and injury reduction
- Understand how foundation movements can be taught, identified and developed.
- Explore how these movements can be introduce and develop within your own sessions.
Physical literacy in the athletic development of talented athletes - Coaching Talent
This is a highly practical workshop. By the end of you will
- Understand the importance of keystones in developing well prepared athletes
- Experience the keystones and fundamental movements within a talent domain
- Explore how you can introduce, develop and maximise fundamental movements and the keystones in to your coaching
- Develop a further understanding of the importance in developing a ‘complete’ athlete
Workshop dates relating to these topics can be found below. If there are no workshops soon then you can request one to take place in your club or hub.