sportscotland offers both Introduction to Coaching Children (formerly known as Introduction to Multi Skills) and the Multi skills Award. We also have an additional module called Fundamentals of Movement which has been created in partnership with UK Coaching.
Introduction to Coaching Children
Updated introduction to Coaching Children video coming soon.
This workshop is an updated version of Introduction to Multi Skills. It has been developed as part of sportscotland’s physical literacy coach CPD pathway and has been designed to support new coaches, volunteers, students, young leaders parents and teachers who are working with children aged between 5-12. The workshop can stand alone or could be a precursor to sportscotland’s full 2 day Multi Skills Award, which is assessed and accredited through the Scottish Qualifications Authority.
Learners will gain an understanding of:
- The key principles that influence all-round development of the basic movement skills and physical literacy.
- A holistic approach to child development and the development of the whole child through sport.
- How to develop basic multi-skills.
- Take a person-centred approach to positively impact the health and wellbeing of children through sport and physical activity.
- Support children to develop positive behaviours through play, physical activity and sport so they can thrive.
- Offer children the best start through positive, purposeful experiences so they become competent and confident movers.
- Encourage lifelong participation/sport for life.
This workshop is tailored to meet the needs of the audience and is currently being delivered virtually (2 x 90min sessions). If you are interested in requesting a workshop or would like more information please contact the coaching team at email@example.com to discuss your requirements.
This is an SQA qualification in multi-skills and can lead on from the introduction workshop above.
Here is what you would learn:
If you are interested in either of the workshops above you can request a workshop by contact the coaching team at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your requirements.
If you are interested in Coaching Children and Multi Skills information please download our app from your App Store by searching 'sportscotland'
Fundamentals of movement - with UK Coaching
This is a stand alone module created in partnership with sports coach UK to introduce the Youth Development Model.