The sportscotland Coach Connect programme offers a whole lot more than just CPD workshops. The series of learning topics across numerous mediums will hopefully give you an opportunity to expand your knowledge as a coach, free of charge.
Please see what else we have on offer:
A BLEND OF LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
Our suite of learning opportunities has now been expanded beyond just workshops to include a range of online resources such as videos, podcasts and PDFs, available via the FREE sportscotland app.
We have gone through the results of the online TNA you had the opportunity to complete earlier in the year and have used this information to engage with a range of industry experts to provide additional digital learning opportunities for both Coach Connect and Coaching Talent on the areas of need identified in order to keep the content of our CPD relevant and up to date with your identified coaching needs. . Some of these opportunities are reflected in our calendar attached, with more to be added during the coming months.
NEW COACH CONNECT ONLINE RESOURCES
Our Coach Connect core theme workshops (Talent, Physical Literacy, Growth and Maturation, Psychology of Sport and Coordination and Control) all now have a minimum of 3 learning touch points available to coaches through the app that you can check out. These include:
- Videos - Initial 3 minute video on the topic area giving key learning points from the workshop, and a ‘coaching challenge’- 3 things for you to consider / try in your coaching on the topic area that you will have the opportunity to further explore at the workshop if you are able to attend.
- Live workshop - 3 hour interactive and solution focussed workshop going in to detail on the learning points and exploring how you can transfer this to your coaching practice
- Podcasts - 7-9 minute audio podcast, Q&A style, on the topic area, reiterating the key learning points, which can be used as a point of reference for coaches who have attended the workshop or watched the video to help reinforce the learning.
- Resources - PDFs and other related resources available for relevant topics via the resources section of the app.
- Digital Community of Practice- Currently being piloted through Facebook private groups for those doing the Psychology of Sport modules. The aim is to extend this in future to include groups for other topic areas also.
SIMILAR RESOURCES FOR COACHING TALENT CORE THEME WORKSHOPS ARE BEING PRODUCED AND WILL BE AVAILABLE EARLY 2017.
NEW PSYCHOLOGY OF SPORT ONLINE MODULES
This new workshop has been developed in partnership with the sportscotland institute of sport and other experts in the area. The first 2 modules are now live on the app and the website for registered coaches to access with more to be added through Quarter 3 and 4. These modules are currently fully subscribed so if you did not manage to register this time don’t worry, we plan to run them again for a second cohort of coaches in 17/18.
ONLINE WORKSHOP REQUEST
SGBs, Clubs or Community Sports Hubs to request a Coach Connect workshop to be run specifically for their coaches within their venue as we want to make our content as accessible as possible to the coaching workforce. Workshops can be requested via this online form and continue to be free of charge. If you are a Club Leader and feel the coaches in your club would benefit from running a Coach Connect level workshop then please submit a request form online (please note that your application to run a workshop will be discussed and approved/declined by your Governing Body accordingly).