17 partnerships receive £1 million to change lives.
The Changing Lives through Sport and Physical Activity Fund is a core element of the wider Changing Lives work, and provides short term additional resource into the sporting and community sector to better address wider individual and community needs through sport & physical activity and support them to become and stay active.
It directly supports 17 partnership organisations delivering sport and physical activity in their communities through a grant allocation and a programme of learning and support, which will aim to develop the awareness and skills of individuals to better be able to deliver positive impacts across their communities.
2 years grants from £30,000 up to £70,000 across 2018-2020 have been made available to partnerships meeting key criteria and delivering on the 4 Changing Lives themes below. In total up to £1 million has been made available for the Fund.
- Sport for Inclusion
- Sport for Health and Wellbeing
- Sport for Skills
- Sport for Communities
The Fund is delivered by Spirit of 2012 as part of the Changing Lives through Sport & Physical Activity programme.
Sport First articles
- Memory Lane - partnership between Sporting Memories Foundation Scotland and Calderglen Sports Hub
- Jogging the mind - partnership between jogscotland and Scottish Association for Mental Health (SAMH)
- Basket fantastic - partnership between Scottish Sports Futures (SSF) and Scottish Association for Mental Health (SAMH)
- Focus on...Walking netball - partnership between Netball Scotland and Age Scotland